Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jordan "Jordy" Von Nielson
This sweet boy was born June 6th, 2014 at 5:44pm.  He was 8lbs. 4 oz. and 21 in. 
 It was actually a pretty calm day aside from the tornado warning and actually delivering him:)  I was induced at 8 in the morning so we calming went to the hospital and got checked in.  I was already dilated so they weren't sure if they were going to start me on Pitosin or not.  Around 11, they decided to and things picked up a bit.  About 2:30, the nurses came in and told us we had to move to the OR because their was a tornado warning and our room had a full wall of windows.  As they were strolling me out of the room in a wheel chair I was counting my blessings that I was not the lady in the next room who was getting pushed down the hall in her bed mid-delivery.  When all was safe, we went back to our room and I got an epidural:)!  Things seemed to keep moving slowly for the next couple of hours until I started to feel way too much pain for having an epidural.  For some reason it seemed the epidural was only working on one side of my body.  They called the anesthesiologist back in.  He wasn't able to help, but sure was fascinated by the machine tracking my contractions.  He kept saying things like, "Did you see that...it was off the charts.  There's another one...right back to back."  The whole time I'm thinking, "Yes, I noticed:)"  Finally, I tell the doctors, "I'm pretty sure somethings happening."  They calmly took their time to come check, and sure enough he was ready to enter this world!  After just a couple pushes he was here!  They placed him on my chest and one of the nurses just started rubbing him so hard.  In my head, I was thinking, "Be careful with my baby!!" When I looked back at pictures I noticed how purple he was right after he was born.  That nurse was pretty calm as she got this little guy breathing:)  I had great nurses and doctor and it really was an amazing day!
 The Proud Daddy
 Watching the nurses torture him:)
 Loving on our sweet little guy!
 Hanging with Grandpa!


Meeting his big brother
Going home after our two night vacation at the hospital:)
Love him!!

1 comment:

kachers said...

Congrats!! Oh goodness your kids are adorable! It was so fun to hop on here and catch up on life at the Neilsons!! We'll have to get together next time we're in CO - probably later this year : > PS i loved the story about the RS presidency stopping by, I can totally relate to that moment!!