Sunday, March 30, 2008

San Antonio!





This week I had a hotel conference in San Antonio for work and Eric got to come with me! I've only done a few business trips in my time working, but it only took one to decide they weren't very glamorous so I was really excited when Eric was able to come!

This was our first time in San Antonio and the hotel that my company booked was great. We were right on the Riverwalk. The first two days we were there I was at the AAHOA conference (Asian American Hotel Owners Association). At one point I was standing in the isle talking to a circle of about 10 Indian men, needless to say, I stood out just a little.

Meanwhile, Eric was checking out the Alamo and Ripley's believe it or not wax museum. I think he got in a little homework too!

It turned out that we didn't plan very well for the conference and we really didn't need to be there on Saturday so we packed up on Friday and Eric and I just got to hang out. Friday night we went to the Spurs game which was a lot of fun. I personally think their success is due to the fact that they keep playing music almost the whole time they are playing. I thought it was awesome. The AT&T center however, is located in middle of nowhere. If you are looking to open a restaurant this would be a GREAT place. We were starving and we asked one of the parking attendants if there were any restaurants around and he said, "no, but there are some inside" I don't know about anybody else, but $9 for nachos isn't exactly my idea of a restaurant.

1 comment:

Brandon and Erica said...

YAY for a blog update! And, it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. You sure do travel more than anybody I know (except for, of course my mom ;-).

Well, if you keep posting about your weekly adventures in the next couple of months, you will have PLENTY to post about!