Friday, January 28, 2011

11th Annual "No Sugar February"

Okay, So the name may be a little misleading, but I love it still every year!!! It is a great way to get back on track with healthier habits and stay connected with GREAT friends!

The rules:
* Eat at least 4 servings of fruits/veggies a day (this tends to lead to healthier choice in the rest of your diet as well)
* Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day four times a week
* Do 20 push ups a day (You can space these throughout the day if you need to the first few days)

If you do this, you get one treat that week! For regular "non-treat" food, just use your best judgment as to whether it contains too much sugar (i.e. if you are making bread and it calls for 2 Tbs of sugar for the 3 loaves of bread...you're probably good!)

So it's pretty easy, not too strict, and a lot of you probably already do these things, but the more the merrier!!

5 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I like it Chels! A little bit easier than the FG8 diet, which I thought was way too strict! I'll talk to Spence tonight, we may be in! Our only hangup (which will probably be a big one) is that we are going to Orlando for 11 days in Feb and I am not sure that we can be super healthy w/o a kitchen for at least 7 days, ya know? Anyway, we may give it a try, thanks!

maugers said...

We'll do it :) THanks for inviting us every year :) I think we can actually attempt it this year!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

You are so good!!

Jaime And Kalen said...

Ok, I am still so impressed that you do this EVERY year.. Wow!

Ashley said...

tee hee hee... after I talked to you on Saturday I gave up and I think I ate a treat every day... whoops! But I did limit myself to only two small cookies, or one small scoop of ice cream, and I have been really good about working out. I swear I eat less sugar in the months that are not "no sugar month"